Saturday, January 3, 2009
Will's Birthday, Christmas and a New Year- so much to catch up on!
Well, let's see... It has been a few weeks since I last posted anything. I really don't have any excuses other than the holidays really kicked our butts this year!!! Believe it or not, I have actually been in bed by 8pm almost every night and even then I am beyond exhausted =)
The first of things that occurred recently was Will's 4th Birthday. I still cannot get over the fact that we have a four year old! When I was frosting Will's cake and writing the number 4 on the cake, I think it really hit me! He is growing up so quickly and I'm really starting to believe what our parents have said all along "Time goes like you would never believe!"
Then of course, there was Christmas. Unfortunately Billy had to work on Christmas Eve- Santa got a real sense of what it's like to work through the night! But I was nervously and excitedly surprised to see him come home early at 2am... I wasn't expecting him so it did startle me just a bit =) But I was so thankful to have him home to set up the new toys before Will awoke.
When Will did finally get up that morning, he was thrilled with what Santa had brought him, but he was not happy about the fact that Santa didn't eat ALL 7 of his cookies. It was hilarious. He came out into the living room and said "Ah, that wasn't very nice, Santa didn't like my cookies!"
Later that morning we visited Grandma Trice and Papa Pete's house. We enjoyed the afternoon opening gifts, eating and spending time with family. Then that evening we visited Greatmommmy Mill's house to have Christmas with them. Santa (Uncle John) visited Will while we were there and his reaction was priceless! I'll have to see if I can upload the video.
Then lastly, on Friday we had Christmas with the Keeners. The best part of the night was watching wills reaction to his gift from Aunt Sarah and Uncle Jason-- it was a camo sleeping bag and Talkie Walkies (as Will calls them). He rolled around on the floor acting like he was on some kind of mission and I think he may have said "hello hello" a thousand times into his talkie walkies.
As for the New Years Eve... Billy, Will and I were in bed by 10:30pm. I told you- we have been worn out! The next morning we awoke to a new year, but really nothing feels too different. The only thing that changed was that we now have to take down the Christmas tree and decorations--Ugh!!! Oh and one more thing--- WE'RE HAVING A BABY IN 2009!!! If that's not a blessing, I don't know what is.
Posted by Rachael and Billy at 9:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment